The medical discipline of nephrology deals with the management, diagnosis, and treatment of kidney-related diseases. A doctor who has a specialization in this field and is majorly involved in the extensive care of patients suffering from kidney-related disease is known as a nephrologist. The prevalence of chronic kidney diseases in India has been so accelerating that the number of patients who are suffering cannot be assessed properly and accurately. The approximation of the no. of CKD is 800 per million. Apart from, this, there is a huge flow of national and even international patients who are continually being treated at the finest hospitals in India, under the supervision of the best kidney specialists and at affordable costs. The collaboration of nephrologists with the best urologists in these hospitals offers effective care for the patients.
Here is a list of the top 10 kidney specialists in India.
1. Dr. Ravi Bhadania- Nephrologist
Sterling Hospital, Avron Hospital, Life Care Hospital, Epic Hospital, Sanjivani Hospital, Saraswati Hospital, Star Hospital, and Trisha Hospital
Currently working at Max Super Specialty Hospital
- MBBS from Kesar SAL Medical College, Ahmedabad
- MD in general medicine from Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- DM in nephrology from SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- 8 years of practice
- National Talent Search Examination Scholar, 2002
- Among the top 0.1% of promising and successful candidates of H.S.C in chemistry by C.B.S.E,2004
- Remained 1st in college and 2nd in the final exam of M.D. 2013
Dr. Ravi Bhadania is one of the finest nephrologists with extensive experience in dealing with kidney diseases of all kinds and has a keen inclination of interest in Critical care Nephrology, ABO blood incompatibility, and severely risky kidney transplants. He specializes in procedures such as Renal Replacement Therapies, Dialysis, Renal Biopsy, and general biopsy. Moreover, Dr. Ravi Bhadania holds expertise in live and deceased donor kidney transplants.
2. Dr. Vikas Jain
Dharamshila Narayana Super Specialty Hospital
- DNB from Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital
- MS from Kasturba Medical College Manipal
- MBBS from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- 11 years 900 successful kidney transplants
- Coveted Diploma in renal Transplantation science from the University of Liverpool
- Received kidneys from a deceased donor of 16 years of age.
- 4 consecutive kidney transplants in 36 hours
3. Dr. Dinesh Kullar- Nephrologist
Chairman at Max Super Specialty
- DM from PGIMER, Chandigarh
- M.D., DMC and Hospital Ludhiana
- MBBS from Ludhiana
- 25 years of 5000 kidney transplant
- Lifetime achievement award by Human Care Charitable trust
- Awarded for pertinent use of drugs in chronic kidney diseases
- J.M. Patel Oration
4. Dr. Shyam Bihari Bansal – Nephrologist
Associate Director in Medanta’s Institute of Nephrology and Kidney Transplant
- F.R.C.P from the Royal College of Physicians
- D.M. from Sanjay Gandhi Post Grad Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow
- M.D NSCB Medical College, Jabalpur
- MBBS GR Medical College, Gwalior
- 25 years
- Paper publication on kidney transplantation in patients with HIV
- Published paper on Vitamin D deficiency in hemodialysis patients
- Hold a specialization in dialysis and kidney transplant
5. Dr. Harsha Jauhari- Nephrologist
Senior Consultant of Renal Transplant at sir Ganga ram Hospital
- F.A.I.S. from the Association of Surgeons of India
- F.I.C.S. from International College of Surgeons, USA
- F.R.C.S. from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- MS from G.S.V.M Medical College, Kanpur University
- 43 years
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award 2016 by the President of India
- Dr. P.N. Berry Trust Scholarship by Indian High Commission
- Only non-government member of a 6-member team for training to National transplant organization
- Highly successful in the procedure of kidney transplant.
6. Dr. Sunil Prakash- Nephrologist
- M.D. MBBS
- 32 years of nephrology experience
- Best physician award
- Travel Grant award by the International Society of Nephrology
- Scholarship from the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis
- Fellowship of the International Society of Nephrology as an award
- Fellowship of Indian Society of Nephrology
7. Dr. Ashwini Goel- Nephrologist
Director in Nephrology at BLK Super Specialty Hospital
- Foreign Medical graduates Examination in medical sciences, USA
- MD, MBBS, USA
- DM (Nephrology).
- 38 years
- Life member of the Indian Society of Nephrology
- Member of Delhi Nephrology Society, Indian Hemodialysis
- More than 15 international conferences attended.
8. Dr. Manju Aggarwal- Specialty in Nephrology
- MBA from Delhi University
- Diplomat of National Board, National Board of Examination, India
- MD, University of Delhi
- MBBS from Lady Harding Medical College
- 38 years of overall experience out of which 28 is as a specialist.
- Member of; the American Society of Nephrology, International Society of Nephrology, Indian society of organ transplantation, and Delhi Society of Nephrology
9. Dr. Anant Kumar
Chairman of Urology Renal Transplant at Max Hospital
- DNB, M. Ch, M.S from PGIMER Chandigarh
- MBBS from King George Medical University, Lucknow
- 35 years in urology
- Member of; the American Urological Association, Urology Society of India, etc.
- Became a specialist in Transplantation, and robotic urology.
- Laser Prostate Surgery
10. Dr. Pawan Kesarwani- Urologist
Director at Max Hospital
- M.Ch, MS, MBBS
- 17 years overall
Specialization in Urology and Kidney transplant
Choosing a kidney specialist is always a subjective decision based on numerous demands of the situation of a patient. Be it the distance a patient must cover from their home or some other specific reason, choosing a good doctor can never be an objective thing. This list of kidney specialists, mainly nephrologists, will provide you a navigation help to make a decision of selecting a kidney specialist that satisfies the needs of the situation in which you are. Other than that, the order of the list gives a hint of the quality, if that is what you are looking for.